Friday, January 10, 2014

Canvas #8: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

SO I have this thing for couples with serious height differences.  I don't know why.  I don't know where it came from.  But I love it when couples have serious height differences, which is one of the many reasons I can't quit Napoleon and Josephine, or for that matter, today's subjects: Abe and Mary Todd Lincoln.

On this canvas, I mixed up some custom pinks and then a custom kind of a sea greenypants blueish.  Yes, I'm a professional color namer.  Don't hate.



I disliked these white bits almost as soon as I added them - but that's the beauty of paint.  Don't like it?  Paint over it!







Now . . . GESSO!  Right over that second flower stencil.  Oh well.









6 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I love their noses.. and the background.. and screw that stencil anyway ;) Once again, you are rocking the hair!!! l love Mary's pinched little face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Their noses are SO bulbish, right? It's cracking me up. I love them, too.

      And poor Mary Todd. She wanted to sit on The Tallening Stool, but it was broken. :(

      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. "Sea greenypants bluish" you ARE a professional paint namer, aren't you? Sure beats 'uptown banana' which once described a sofa in a furniture catalog (no lie). Enjoy seeing your process. Good decision about the white (buh-bye). And Abe and Mary have NEVER looked so good, swear to big G.

    And now for a little family not-so-secret. We are a mixed height couple. My husband didn't realize when he married me that by age 30 I wasn't gonna get any taller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! "Uptown Banana." That's my problem, really. All of my bananas are so downtown!

      Yes, buh-bye to that white is right!

      You realize that by telling me you and your husband have mixed heights, you have made me want to paint you, right?

      Thanks so much for commenting! :D

      Delete
  3. I love your historical portraits :) The Lincolns look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am kind of obsessed with historical portraits. Also, I am now going to use that phrase all the time. It sounds much better than, "I'm obsessed with famous dead people." ;)

      Delete