Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas #18: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

By the time I started this canvas, I was (candidly) exhausted. I think this is a ghost print (i.e. the second print from the same gelli plate), but I'm not positive.


At any rate.

Click on this first picture, and you'll see the pointy shape that I turned into my mole's head for this little scene from Thumbelina:


I don't know if you remember this from the fairy tale, but the mouse insists that Thumbelina have a summer AND a winter wardrobe before Thumbelina marries the mole, so the mole commissions all the spiders to work day and night to make everything ready for the big day.  Here, the spiders are working on the wedding gown itself while Mr. Mole gives his opinions.  (Everyone's a critic.)

Oh!  And I warmed up the red and the tan with a watered-down coat of Quinacridone Azo Gold, which I adore.



(Thumbelina is SUPER excited to get married.  I have scarcely seen a happier bride to be.)



6 comments:

  1. Holy crap woman. That spider! that spiderweb! That pissed-off mole! That adorable freakin' thumbgirl!! This is just ridiculous. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thank you! I am pretty damned happy with this one. Spiders!

      Delete
  2. This one makes me laugh. I love her tortured little face. She looks very enthusiatic about her fate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor girl. I know. One minute, you're moving in with a kindly mouse who makes you be her maid; the next minute, your landlord is marrying you off to the neighbor. SHEESH.

      Delete
  3. This one brings back reading memories! Fantastic! Thumbelina looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Such a weird little story, isn't it? (Then again, aren't they all?) :D

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete