Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas #20: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

Right, so here is something I have discovered.  Sometimes, I am the boss of the painting, and sometimes, the painting is the boss of me.

With this canvas - my 7th in three days - I thought, "I had so much fun with Acidica that I'll do a female super villain!"

Except that my figure didn't want to be a super villian.  She fought me, and she fought me, and finally I let her be what she wanted to be, which was . . . Frida, who is not in any way evil but IS apparently stubborn and persistent.










P.S.  I worked in those little pieces of Mexican pottery to appease my husband, who keeps bugging me to do a still life. Yes, it would be good for me.  No, I would not enjoy it.  So here.  That's as still as I want to get.

11 comments:

  1. hahahah I can completely understand both Jason's insistence on a still life and your resistance. I have absolutely no desire to ever do one either. She looks awesome, though - the pattern on her sweater is fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am not alone. I can hear Sal's voice in my head, encouraging me to do it - and I probably really should! But nothing could appeal to me less. That would be like paying myself $5 to eat dog food. I'd rather just skip the $5!

      Thanks for the nice words, lovely!

      Delete
  2. She's wonderful! Love that little stache!

    I hate still life art too. UGH.What a chore painting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I do love to give Frida a major stache!

      I'm glad to know it's a chore for you, too. I have a book out from the library in which the author does very little else! It's mildly mind boggling!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome. She has the greatest expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Adding in the little things! Wonderful little things! I love how bright red and bold it is, and such a cool Frida! (I am also not a still life fan! But I really should do life drawing. That is the Sal voice I hear. And I don't even know her voice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you like the little things. My aunt took students to Mexico two or three times and brought such little things back for her mother, and somehow, I inherited them. I'm not sure how that happened, but at any rate, they are lovely!

      (Life drawing. Eek!)

      Delete
  5. Sometimes you just can't fight it. She's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently you really can't! LOL! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the still life. I've enjoyed your WIP photos -- something I'm told I should do, but just can't seem to remember to do it. Love your "about me"
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete