Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas #16: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

Okay, so here's a fun fact: If you have an 8x10 gelli plate and a 9x12 canvas, you will get a little "frame" effect.  That's okay, though, because you can turn that effect into an actual frame or border, and that will be kind of cool.

See the pink frame here?



The frame was even MORE apparent after I laid down a lovely, ornate circle stencil and gave the canvas a healthy coat of pink and orange.  As soon as I lifted the gelli plate up, I thought, "Hey, that stencil looks like a ferris wheel!"

Here you can see the ferris wheel in context.  Sadly, however, it is closed due to weather (hey, the wind is blowing and the sky is pink with polka dots - I'd be nervous, too).  I thought about giving this little lass a very heartbroken monster, but in the end, I settled on a very heartbroken possum, just because that struck me as hilarious. 


My friend Nick let me "steal" two CLOSED signs from his store, so I slathered one in gel medium and affixed it to the canvas.



4 comments:

  1. That poor possum!!! I love the windy effect on the banners and on her hair! they are both so adorably sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you. The possum kills me. I wub him.

      Delete
  2. I'm totally loving the ferris wheels. :) The possum was a fantastic call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks! I don't love a possum in real life, but I do love the idea of one! (Ferocious little beasts!)

      Delete