Sunday, January 12, 2014

Canvas #12: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

I want to make clear from the get go that this canvas isn't finished.  I thought it might be, but the pictures confirm it: I am not happy yet. 

Shakespeare as a hand puppet makes me very happy, but the background isn't done yet.  There are problems.  After painting my ass off all weekend long, I am too tired both to articulate and to fix them.

I am putting this in a separate pile (with the Bride of Frankenstein from Day 3) to return to at a later date when I have more time.








5 comments:

  1. What! I love him. I'm sorry you're not happy with him, but I find him ALL SORTS of amusingly awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him, too. It's the fricking fracking background!

      Delete
  2. I like the background. I'm visually confused by the circle of hand, but that's probably just my 'Oh look, shiny' complex (easily distracted) LOL He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, that circle of hands is partially covered now. It looked better before I added the quill. After I added the quill, it became glaringly wrong!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! Love that limited color palette. His hair is so great!

    ReplyDelete