Friday, January 3, 2014

Canvas #2: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

For Day 2 of the 30 Canvases in 30 Days challenge, I did a feminist spin on one of my favorite themes: Hansel & Gretel.  In this case, Gretel yearns to explore the woods, but Hansel holds her back.  Or maybe she's The Woman, and Hansel is The Man, trying to keep her domesticated.  I don't know.  I just work here.

First coat(s):

 More yellow!



And perhaps  . . . still more purple?  And some green? 


Now to gesso in Hansel & Gretel.



And give them a healthier complexion!




And then forget to take pictures - again.  Dammit! I am happy with the finished product, though!





7 comments:

  1. Yay look at you go!!!! This may sound weird, but the purple/yellow canvas in picture #2, I just want to hang that just like that. A billion of them right on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I will paint you so many purple yellow things. You will be awash.

      Delete
  2. I like the mustardy-fuschia canvas, too. But it was not meant to stay that way! She's got a great little face, and those pleats in the skirt, cool! (You have also reminded me I will be unable to do scans. Because it's like, a painting. Wet, and stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I wanted to scan Judith last night, but then I realized that I probably didn't want my scanner glass permanently dotted with orange. Sigh.

      I am about to go look at your paintings! So much fun this challenge! And thanks for your lovely comments! :D

      Delete
  3. How cool, Ann! So glad you're doing the challenge too. I'll make a post on ArtTrader about some of our 30 day paintings next week. Yours looks great! I really dig the tree with the cool leaves. :)

    I didn't even know you had this blog, lol! I think I've only ever visited Wonderstrange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much I am learning already! It's kind of amazing!

      I used an old ink dauber for the leaves. They're fun because they make different effects depending on how much paint it on the sponge. Now I wish I had 100 daubers!

      I just started this blog late last year, so you haven't been out of the loop for long. Thanks for visiting! :D

      Oh! And how fun to have an Art Trader post! Woot!

      Delete
  4. I love this one too. Hansel and Gretel is actually one of my favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete