Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas #14: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

After painting many portraits, I decided to force myself a little out of my comfort zone with some semi-realistic trees.

SEMI.

With an emphasis on somewhat.




At this point, I knew the figure I intended to add would be one of two little girls who get into trouble in, near, or after being in the woods:  Snow White and Red Riding Hood.

I settled on Red.




After the challenge is over, I might go back in and add either a TINY wolf with giant teeth or a GIANT wolf with ridiculous teeth. 

7 comments:

  1. When I read that first sentence, I was expecting a giant tree. And then nothing. Just a tree. And i was sad. Until I scrolled down and saw that there was way more awesome stuff than just a giant tree. And i was happy. And that Little Red is so freakin adorable that I just want to put her in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she would be much happier in your pocket than where she is! LOL. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I do LOVE this. She is such a cutie and the trees look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trees should not intimidate me, but they DO!

      Delete
  3. TREES! Oh so pretty! And the little figure is terrific! What the heck, posting a million things at once! Well, I can't complain, I am just glad you got them up. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I didn't mean to smash everyone's face in with so many entries all at once, I swear!

      Delete
  4. Holy wow, Ann-man! I am so impressed, it is to the degree of hella. That's right. Hella impressed. I luhrve this painting more than I would ever think possible of trees. And that long shadow she's casting? It goes straight to my heart. I love this a lot...for reals...

    ReplyDelete