Monday, January 20, 2014

Canvas #17: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

I've been mildly obsessed with saints lately, so for this canvas, I decided to do Acidica, Patron Saint of Super Villains.

Villains love red, right?  (Okay, fine, I am the one who loves red. At this point, I hadn't thought up Acidica yet.)






 Like a proper patron of the Super Villain, Acidica has plenty of deformities and defects, all earned in the commission of crimes.







After staring at Acidica for awhile, I decided that she looked a little too . . . saintly.  So I gave her a partial face mask to hide the place where acid ate away at her jaw, and I added some acid pouring down on her from above, just the way she likes it.

For the acid, I used fat drops of black ink, and it was very difficult to touch it to the canvas and then let it go, with no real control of where it would land.  *Deep breaths*  I figured Acidica likes chance and chaos.  *Deep breaths*  I like control.  *Deep breaths*

Excuse me, I have to go do an organizing yoga. 


4 comments:

  1. I think all super villains love red. It's in the contract. I think the drippy bits are my favorite part - probably completely unrelated to my current obsession with drippy bits - but the whole thing is pretty freakin' fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like the drippy bits! They gave me much angst. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I am so freakin' PROUD of you and the growth I am seeing in your work as you go along. (Sentimental moment and all that LOL) I like the chances you are taking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you! That means so much to me! <3

      Delete