Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Canvas #21: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

This is a little bit of a moment.  For the first time in this challenge, I managed to paint all weekend and still produce a canvas the next day to keep myself on schedule.  I AM CAUGHT UP WITH THE CHALLENGE!  I had to shout that because it might not happen again.  One never knows.

This 21st canvas started out with a tree.  Have I mentioned yet that I love red?  Because I do.




That's where the canvas stood at 3am when I went to bed.  As I nestled into my pillow, I had this last thought, "Newton and a flying apple!"  By some miracle, I still remembered that idea when I woke up, so after making some changes to the tree, I painted in a slumbering Newton.



While I waited for Newton to dry, I worked on the trunk.  I am really, really proud of the work I did on the trunk.  The writing in the upper left corner is from the original Latin publication of Newton's first two laws.


Finally, I wanted to add some more diffuse white and also flesh out the dreamscape.







And there's the flying apple!

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous! you are rocking this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! that tree is just delicious. I love all of the whackadoo colors. Rock it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors make me all super happy! :D

      Delete
  3. Hey, a tree! How different and cool! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured I'd better do SOMETHING that isn't just people. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that tree! Flying apples, sleeping Newton, and an awesome red tree. Doesn't get much better than that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I love to see step-by-step artwork! I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to see progress pics, too!

      Delete
  6. Your paintings are awesome!! I enjoyed viewing the process. Great imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I appreciate your commenting!

      Delete
  7. Amazing, as usual - so proud to be able to say, of yet another creative genius, "I knew her way back when..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Moly! You are killing it in this challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete