Friday, January 10, 2014

Canvas #6: 30 Canvases in 30 Days

Okay, so I've linked this for Day 10, but in truth, it's only my 6th canvas.


If this challenge were called "A Canvas a Day for 30 Days," clearly I would have taken a Fail Sail this week.  Thankfully, there is no painting-per-day requirement, so I am still in it!  Woo to the hoo to the hell yeah!

As I was saying, then, here is my sixth canvas, a playful, plus-sized mermaid attending the weekly meeting of the Cool Teeth Club.

First coats of paint:


Hey!  One of my new stencils!



I don't know about you, but I am really tired of supermodel-skinny mermaids, so here's me thumbing my nose at THAT whole convention.




At first, I decided I might make her handless, like the victim of a shark attack, but she's not a victim, dammit!  She also gets to have a fierce fishy friend.





And . . . here she is all finished!  I gave her diastema (i.e. an awesome gap between her teeth) because I love diastema.  Oh, and I might have a bit of a gap myself. 


9 comments:

  1. Hehehe love her nothing wrong with a few curves. I've got some catching up to do to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, curves are good!

      Playing catch-up is HARD, isn't it? I'm excited to see what you do next!

      Delete
  2. She is fabulous.. Not to belabor the point or anything, but her hair is magnificent.. and I have made up a fart story to explain why she and the fish look so amused, which is helping me to be all kinds of amused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! I am so happy you like her hair!

      OMG, though she is a little embarrassed that you noticed the fart. She was swishing her tail and frantically waving her other hand to make other bubbles so no one would notice.

      But of course the fish noticed.

      And now YOU noticed.

      Oh well. Everyone farts, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. She's wonderful. I too am painting a mermaid. Must be something in the water. (LOL Cheesy pun!) Although, my mermaid looks more like a ChibiSealMonkey. The oldest girlchild said so. Let's hope some of your fabulousness rubs off on me just by viewing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I am excited to see your mermaid! I sort of expected more mermaids when we started this, but dogs seem to be the big thing! (Well, and jars. And fruit.)

      Thanks so much for the lovely words!

      Delete
  4. She is too cute! Love the fish with the underbite! And those pretty scales on her tale. Maybe I'll do a mermaid! I don't know. I'm totally with you on the fact it is a monthly goal, not daily goals rolled up into a monthly goal. The plan is for my weekends to pick up the slack. I'll know if that's working in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope it will be! It's so much better to know we can ebb and flow and still hit the 30! We'll be painting together this weekend, even though we're not, you know, together!

      Thanks for the lovely words! I like that fishy, too. He's modeled on my piranha (as in, the taxidermied specimen I love and adore).

      Delete
  5. She is so fantastic, I would drown in an attempt to huggle her.

    ReplyDelete