Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 8 - Red Goat

It took me an unbelievable amount of time to paint my Day 7 canvas.






Like, maybe that shit paints itself in the place where you come from, but in my house, I needed all of the hours allotted to me plus a few that rightfully belonged to my next door neighbor, as a result of which, I had to keep it simple on Day 8, if only for my own sanity.

Perhaps you have noticed (as a worldly individual) that in fairy tales, there are often feats that must be accomplished, usually in sets of three.  A fine Romanian gent named Fat Frumos, as one example, must bring the King the milk of a red goat.

And thus, RED GOAT!


This, as ever, is in my shop.

1 comment:

  1. This may be taking it easy in your world, but the finished product looks anything but dashed off. You did a lovely job of creating the textures of the goats hair, the downy curls on his chest and the parted bristles on the crest of his nose. I admire your decision to make the curve of the earth arc behind the goat--it creates a sense of movement and playfulness both, which seems perfectly at home with a red goat from a fairytale eating blue grass!

    One final note, I love how the blue sky links several of your paintings from this challenge, seeming to tie them all to the same world of magic, and how that blue makes an extra appearance in Snow White's dress. So cool.

    ReplyDelete