Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 3 - Snow White, Her Heart Pounding


This canvas began with a mistake.  To create one of the "frames" on my Day 2 canvas, I mixed up a pile of a dark and dirty olive green - or rather, I tried to achieve a dark olive green, but ended up with something much closer to brown.  En route to the olive color I could see so clearly in my mind, I added more green, and then more, followed by still more, until suddenly, my pile of paint was bigger than my fist.  Oops.  Rather than waste it, I decided to coat this canvas, but it looked so dark that I temporarily slipped into a funk.  (This happens sometimes when you're painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days: You're tired, and small pebbles can seem like Sisyphean boulders.)  Once I decided to make a dark and threatening forest, however, the canvas came immediately into focus.  Phew.

Here is Snow White, Her Heart Pounding:




In person, it's almost magical, and I fear I can't capture that in pictures.  



3 comments:

  1. The forest is gorgeous in its depth and layers, and I love the way her dress pops against all that murkiness. But of course the centerpiece is her expression of fear and surprise, which you have so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Snow White forest is so great! The flowers in the foreground, the spooky dark trees on your accident of an olive green dark forest! She so much has the pounding heart. The face! Fantastic dress details, too. Go Go AnnD, with your January of paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post. This is excellent It is amazing and wonderful to visit
    ซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete