Friday, January 2, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days: Raven (Day 3)

Today, I finally settled on my theme: The literary!  Hooray!  All of my canvases from here on out will be connected in some way to an author, a book, a play, or a poem. 

I paint Poe a lot, so as a challenge to myself, I decided to paint his raven instead.  I don't really paint birds, so um, SCARY.  Way scary.  But I did it.  Go me.

Except for the part where I was so scared I forgot to take progress pics.  Zero points for Ravendor.


1 comment:

  1. The red in this pieces is stunning, and I love your use of the template in the background to create a tree-like, bush-like, veiny-heart-like environ for the awesome raven. I know you don't normally do animals, but this one is fantastic, and it certainly says that you should not be afraid to do more animals in the future (though I admit to loving your people beyond all else). The texture on the bird, and especially his chin/breast feathers, is incredible. I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete