Thursday, May 8, 2014

50 Canvases in 2014: A Long Time Ago, in a Kitchen Far, Far Away

This week, I spent most of my time designing a new amigurumi crochet pattern for the Corpse Bride - as in, the title character from the Tim Burton film - and it was HARD, man! 

Corpse Bride in progress

It was so hard, in fact, that I'm still not finished - which is why my "canvas" for this week is a non-traditional one.

More specifically, my canvas this week is the front of a kitchen canister, which I am working on for my shop, and which I decided to paint up with a Star Wars theme.

 

When it's finished, the top strip will read "Hot Cross Buns" in a Star Wars-inspired font, because let's face it.  She is hot.  She is not very happy.  And she practically defines sidebuns.

11 comments:

  1. Fun work Ann, The kitchen canister has turned out soooo well, and I just love that title - I will be singing 'hot cross buns' all evening now! Love your - err - bride, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann. That is some process. It's really looking great. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks be a great job to get the process in the end. It is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Corpse Bride is looking a bit anxious - will she be ready for the wedding?
    Love your kitchen cannister - ah, Star Wars, the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever. Glad you showed the process :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your process. Princess Leia had such fab hairbuns didn't she? Although I must say I have never seen StarWars- don't shoot me with your light saber. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann,
    You certainly are one very busy artist! Love Princes Leia and the corpse bride is looking good so far.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. First you doll is awesome. The Hot Cross canister is Amazing. I love this idea.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! The style of the hair and the white shirt are totally excellent. She totally looks cross. And has tons of personality. And also the Bride is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your girls come to life! She looks like she is not to be messed around with .... :-)

    ReplyDelete