Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fake Saints

There has been a gathering of fake saints in my house.

First up is St. Atarica, patron saint of old school gamers from the days of Pong, Pac Man, and Space Invaders, as well as mothers whose children FIRST want to spend hours playing on the xbox and THEN want to follow them around the house narrating everything that happened.  I pray to St. Atarica on the daily.




Next up is St. Chaotica, patron saint of new parents, people moving across the country, people who get suckered into planning large events, and anyone whose phone never rings - until it rings all night long.




Finally, here is St. Malevica, whose canonization was a long process, fraught with controversy.  While she had divine visions and even seizures, she also stole from the poor (and anyone else who held still for too long).  Malevica is the patron saint of pick pockets, petty thieves, shoplifters, and people who take candy from babies.


Oh, and I should probably add that I made these with Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, and gel pens - and that I now love Prismacolors.  My wallet is not speaking to me.

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Ann, they are all SO good! I, too, pray to St. Atarica on a daily. Holy crap.. inspired. St. Chaotica has such a wonderful face! I love her hair and the splatters. And Malevica's hand gesture??! Still dying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee! Malevica is really rather shocking! ;)

      Thank you for all the lovely words! :D

      Delete
  2. these are great! can't pick a favorite, although there is something about St. Malevica that I like and find disturbing all at once!!

    i know what you mean about art goodies … it's an expensive $$ hobby/lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, alarmcat! Malevica is disturbing for sure - but I like her, too!

      (And yes, the money. UGH. Somebody needs to win the lottery on all of our behalf!)

      Delete
  3. Holy crap I love these! I can't pick! Except it's one of the first two. The third one creeps me out and will have many of her own superfans as a result. THEY ARE HILARIOUS. Fantastic color choices. It's tough but I'm going to have to go with St. Chaotica. The hand! The hair! The face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! I'm so happy you like the color choices! The top two are variations on my shower curtain, which I adore. No joke.

      St. Chaotica appreciates your favor, but please don't stop to chat with her about this. Malevica has her eye on your purse.

      Delete
  4. Hooohooohooo!!! Hahaha, most excellent! I want St. Atarica's outfit. And yup, yup, I've prayed to St. Chaotica a few times before. And St. Malevica makes me feel good about stealing candy from my kids. If she does it, it's legit, amiright? I love all their expressions! (And I was so delighted to see all the bread makers come out of the closet. Woohoo! Muscular forearms, unite!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fake but soooo amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete