Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Wonder as I Wander . . . Or Maybe Just Sing

Well, hi there! All week, I've been working on ornament tutorials that will be appearing on Wonderstrange in December. I almost asked my husband if we could set up our Christmas tree in the living room, just so I could take good pictures of the ornaments when they're finished, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Because he would totally set it up. And then I'd feel like one of those people who wants to walk around the store singing "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on November 1.

He did fetch a tiny tree for me, though.  It's about a 16" tall.  I think that means I'm still in the clear, right?  You still respect me?  We're cool?





Speaking of singing along to Christmas carols in the store, the other day I got busted singing along to the music in the antique mall. I don't remember the exact song, but I do know it was some piece of 70s pop that I adore and almost never get to hear, so I was singing with great gusto when an employee rounded the corner on me. He had a suppressed, smug, squinchy little grin on his face, and I said (shoring up what was left of my dignity), "I bet you bust people singing like that all the time." He said, "Nope. Not really!"  Good Lord.  Give a girl a break - and quit looking so pleased with yourself, Mr. Man!

Sheesh.

At any rate, all of my ornaments will be upcycled creations that started life in an antique mall like that one, or possibly a Goodwill. I hope you'll follow along, or better yet, play along, starting December 2!

3 comments:

  1. I know people like you that sing in the store. I am not one of them. I am a metal head and the only place with music I like is Hot Topic. I just smile outside or inside when people sing. You are happy and that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a great ornament! Here's my mildly amusing anecdote. I have a Best of Hall and Oates CD at work and occasionally I put it in and sing to it, and so does the other woman in the office. However, she recently brought in a mix from "My Best Friend's Wedding" and insists on playing the John Denver song over and over. She loves it quite a lot. So far it's mostly inoffensive but that could change.

    ReplyDelete